Monday, February 2, 2009

God is working in me

Well, let me just say how thankful to God I am for bringing me to the place that I am now. Joseph and I have been married for a year and a half and have been living in Colorado most of that time. I've realized how much I needed to grow up looking back on the last year. Little did I know that God was preparing me for something bigger than myself.
Joseph and I have committed to being at Park Fellowship Church for 2 years and in September it will be 2 years.I cant believe how the time flies.We have been learning and growing so much in our time here and will continue to grow throughout the next several months. We have been praying and seeking the Lord on what our next step is.Its definately something misssion oriented. That keeps being confirmed over and over in both of our prayer lives and in other confirmations. So I can say I am extemely excited to see what great things God has in store for us this year in our ministry.
I just got back from a missions conference called World Mandate that's held in Texas every year and I went and came back refreshed and excited about being a Harvester for my God. It really opened my eyes spiritually but also statistically. Its so astonishing at how many people in this day in age that still havent heard the Good News. Over 2.1 Billion people still have not heard. Shocked? I know. I was too.I kept hearing,"who will Go for me?" I realized that in my walk with God I have held back so much. I realized that I have been unwilling to give up all I have and to follow Him no matter the cost and no matter the sacrifice. I felt ashamed but I knew that as I mattured in Christ that God would reveal in me things that I needed to surrender in order for the Holy Spirit to be leading in my life completely. Every day I struggle with my fleshly, earthly desires. Well, basically what "i" want and think I need in life. Sometimes even thinking,"well, God I would have done that differently." Not meaning to but I think we all know we do that from time to time. Well, He knows better so here I am. Learning to FULLY surrender to God and His will. So Lord let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. And Lord help us as christians to be the hands and feet of Jesus that you have called all of us to be.Help us be obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment